Auto Accident Legal Help
Auto Accident Lawyers for Fort Lauderdale
All over the nation, there are a great number of automobile accidents annually and many of which result in serious injury or death. Insurance law can be complex. Other issues also invariably arise, including, but not limited to, the loss of valuable evidence. Because of these issues, it is vital that you do certain things immediately to protect your right to be compensated for your losses. Call the Law Offices of Joseph A. Bosco, P.A. today to discuss and evaluate your case.
I’VE BEEN IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Get medical attention for your injuries immediately. The most important thing is your well-being. Arriving at the hospital by ambulance assures that you will receive the fastest care possible.
- Do not give a statement to anyone other than law enforcement officers without an attorney present on your behalf.
- Arrange for photographs of the accident scene and the vehicles involved.
- Have a family member photograph all injuries right away and, if possible, the medical treatment being provided to you.
- Do not sign any documents giving possession of your vehicle to any insurance companies without the approval of your attorney.
- Keep a record of all medical and other expenses in any way related to your injuries.
- As soon as practical, call the Law Offices of Joseph A. Bosco, P.A. at 954-888-8998 or contact us online for a free consultation to discuss how our firm can help you.
Florida Automobile Insurance Overview
Many people are unaware of some basics regarding automobile insurance. The following information is provided by the Law Offices of Joseph A. Bosco, P.A. to help familiarize visitors to our site with the five (5) different types of automobile insurance coverage that may apply to an automobile accident:
- Liability, which insures you in the event that someone else is hurt as a result of your negligence.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage, which insures you in the event that someone else who injures you is either uninsured or underinsured.
- Property Damage Insurance, which insures you in the event that you cause damage to the property of others.
- Comprehensive Insurance, which provides coverage to you for damage to your vehicle, theft, and loss of use of your vehicle
- Personal Injury Protection, which provides a total of $10,000.00 in insurance coverage to you that can be used to pay up to 80% of your medical expenses and 60% of your lost wages, along with death benefits in the amount of $5,000.00. Personal Injury Protection insurance is part of Florida’s no-fault insurance system. Under this no-fault system, an injured party is permitted to receive up to the $10,000.00 benefit for injuries or damages from their own insurance company regardless of who was at fault.
When the no-fault insurance system was enacted in 1972, it was supposed to lower state-wide auto insurance premiums. Unfortunately premiums have steadily risen since then. In exchange for the claimed reduction in premiums, limitations on the right to sue for injuries received in an automobile accident were imposed.
In order to file a lawsuit for an auto accident that includes a claim for pain and suffering, the injured party must show proof that one of the following is present.
- Significant or permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Injury that is permanent within a reasonable degree of medical certainty
- Significant and permanent scaring or disfigurement
Important Time Periods For Pursuing Claims Related to Automobile Accidents
Florida law provides for a four (4) year statute of limitations in auto accident cases with the time period beginning to run on the date of the accident. If you wish to further pursue this matter, do not delay because to delay might jeopardize your legal rights. If an action is not filed within the appropriate time frame, you will forever be barred from doing so. Additionally, in the event that the accident caused someone’s death, the personal representative of the deceased person would have only two (2) years from the date of the death within which to pursue the claim.
Contact the attorneys at the Law Offices of Joseph A. Bosco, P.A. today for a free consultation and we would be happy to evaluate your claim and determine the appropriate course of action
Why Should You Choose Joseph A. Bosco Law Offices?
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- Free Initial Consultation
- Extensive Trial Experience
- Hours by Appointment
- Appointment Flexibility
- Former Government Lawyer on Staff
Contact the attorneys at the Law Offices of Joseph A. Bosco, P.A. today for auto accident legal help in South Florida. You can reach us by phone at 954.888.8998 x2 or 561-515-7273. Call today for a free consultation or simply contact us online and we will be happy to evaluate your auto accident claim and determine the appropriate course of action.